This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Very excited; I'm dancing again!

:(

I work full time but found out through my yoga instructor about a choreographer from NYC who was looking to start a small dance company on Long Island...mainly modern and contemporary dance. I auditioned and found out last night I was chosen. I can't WAIT to dance again!!!! Thank goodness I kept my technique in shape! I'm dancing with Smruti Patel; the company will be called PatelWorks.

Congratulations. I hope you'll keep us up to date on programs, etc. As a former Long Islander, I'm curious: where will you be based? which venues do you anticipate using. I know how many on Long Island are (or were) involved in the peforming arts, so I hope a good audience develops.

Congratulations.  I hope you'll keep us up to date on programs, etc.  As a former Long Islander, I'm curious:  where will you be based?  which venues do you anticipate using.  I know how many on Long Island are (or were) involved in the peforming arts, so I hope a good audience develops.

For now, we will be using Balance Yoga Studio in Huntington...the first performance is set

for May 12 at Suffolk County Community College, where Miss Patel is a professor of Math!

Long Island is, how shall I say, a cultural slum. I used to dance with Frank Ohman

of NYCB and I've always felt he regrets coming out to LI from the city...he calls it the

land of "fast-food dancing schools"..... :(