This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

CBC - Scandal and Politics at the Bolshoi Ballet

I am on my iPad, so my typing isn't the greatest, not that it ever is. Here's the information:

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/the-current/segment/11250944

Dancing through centuries of scandal and politics at the Bolshoi Ballet

Dec 26, 2016

A history with twists and turns comparable to any of the stories brought to life by the Russian company.

----

i haven't listened to the 45 minute podcast, but I heard it is interesting. I plan to listen soon. 

I hope you enjoy the podcast. 

I listened to the podcast. It's an interview with Princeton music professor Simon Morrison about his book Bolshoi Confidential: Secrets of the Russian Ballet from the Rule of the Tsars to Today. For the most part, the interview skips along to highlight various scandals mentioned in the book. Your appreciation for the podcast interview will depend upon your familiarity with the Bolshoi and Russian histories as well as desire to hear about salacious or scandalous stories.                                                                                                                                                                       

Edited by Stecyk