This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Youth America Grand Prix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 its the mom

its the mom

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 06:47 AM

I hope this is not an inappropriate question to post here. However, I would like to find out if this information is true. I was recently talking with a dancer/choreographer from New York City about YAGP. He indicated to me that he thought ABT was withdrawing from the competition and would not be offering a Studio Company contract this year. Does anybody know if this is correct information? What does that mean to the competition?

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 04:58 PM

I think it's perfectly appropriate to post -- I'm sorry, I don't know, so I can't answer you, but I hope someone else can.

#3 G

G

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:44 PM

According to the YAGP web site for 2003 (www.yagp.org), the senior Grand Prix Award at the NYC finals is a contract to the ABT Studio Company.

G

#4 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:57 PM

I heard from a good source that ABT will in fact have a greater interest and involvement with Youth America Grand Prix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):