This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Suggestions for "Giselle" on video or DVD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MommaJambe

MommaJambe

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 01:15 PM

I've been reading reviews of "Giselle" videos at Amazon.com and now I'm totally confused. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

#2 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 01:57 PM

You want to buy one, I assume--
Fracci and Bruhn for wonderful dancing but irritating camera work.
I also like the Baryshnikov/Makarova/Van Hamel...but I think the LaScala production with Ferri is beautiful (but then, I love Ferri) and the score isn't as chopped up as the ABT ones....

I have Alonso, Makarova, Ferri, Lynn Seymour, Bessmertnova, Fracci, the one with young Malakhov where his hair was still brown (I'm sorry but I don't recall the ballerina), and two more which I can't remember.....that's for complete ones--if you just want a particular excerpt, there are many othersavailable.

I didn't check Amazon's listings.....but don't forget the BA link here!

#3 MommaJambe

MommaJambe

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for your suggestions! We already have the Alonso one, and while it's interesting, we were looking for a version on stage. I thought the La Scala one sounded good, and my daughter loves Ferri, so I guess that's #1 so far. Though Malakhov with brown hair sounds intriquing. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):