This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Royal Ballet Nutcracker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bertrande

bertrande

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 03:31 AM

Hi all,

I just purchased the above DVD and it's awesome. It ranks right up there with RB's Sleeping Beauty (featuring Durante) and beats Balanchine's Nutcracker hands down. However I have one question...does anyone know when the production was filmed? The inlay provides information right up to 2001, stating that Cojocaru was promoted to Principal Dancer in 2001. However, I do not recall it being filmed so late. Any input?

Thanks!

:)

#2 Odette

Odette

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 05:10 AM

Hi,
Isn't it brilliant!! It was filmed during the Nutcracker run in December 2000. But the DVD wasn't released until later.

#3 bertrande

bertrande

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 07:23 AM

Thank you for the answer! I was searching every nook and corner of the cover but the closest thing I got was a copyright notice '1996' which I knew was far too early since Cojocaru wouldn't have been in the ballet at that time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):