This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Sylvie Guillem video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dufay

dufay

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 08:14 AM

Does anyone know of this video? It is from the '80s and looked very interesting. I saw it on ebay, and bid, but was way outbid. It went for over $50!! Any other source?

#2 Guest_Highlander_*

Guest_Highlander_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 07 April 2002 - 09:07 AM

What is the title of the video you are talking about? I have Evidentia, a flim concieved by Slyvie Guillem and documentary about her from 1993 both on VHS PAL.

I was also wondering if there are any DVD's available that feature Sylvie. I think there are two available on Japanese market. Anyone know anything about them?

#3 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 10:29 AM

There's Nureyev's "Cinderella" with POB; on VCR tape but not sure about DVD.

Giannina

#4 TATSU

TATSU

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:57 PM

There 4 documentary titles about Sylvie Guillem available in Japan. I haven't seen all of them but the contents are following:

- "Evidentia"
Including excerpts from "SMOKE"(MATS EK), "BLUE YELLOW"(JONATHAN BURROWS), a solo (WILLIAM FORSYTHE), etc.
http://www.warnercla...ce/evidenti.htm

- "Sylvie Guillem" (1993) [PILC-1161, Pioneer]
Including excerpts from "Swan Lake", "Manon", "In the Middle Somewhat Elevated" (FORSYTHE), "Wet Woman" (EK), etc.

- "Sylvie Guillem au travail" (1987) [PHVG-4004, Nippon Phonogram]
A documentary about SG in her POB days. Including rehearsal scenes of "In the Middle Somewhat Elevated", "Raymonda", "Cinderella" and so on.

- "Sylvie Guillem", (2001), [TDVT-0005, TDK Core] -- maybe available only in Japan
Including rehearsal scenes of "Giselle" (her own production for Finnish Ballet), "R&J", "Don Quixote."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):