Hello!Costumes & Pointe Shoes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KerriMartinsen

KerriMartinsen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hello! I am the Costume Director at the Carolina Ballet in Raleigh NC.
I've joined this group to gain insight on professional dancers needs/ wants/ requests or how other costumers deal with similar situations that come up reguarding shoes, costumes, tights, etc.

We are a Freed pointe shoe company and often have shoes that dancers can't use anymore for a variety of reasons. We would love to sell them to dancers that can use them before they dryrot away. If there is an approperate place to list this, I would love to hear it!

Nice to meet you all!

Kerri Martinsen

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

Nice to meet you, too, Kerri, and welcome to BalletTalk! :shake:

We are actually a site for the audience. I think you'll find what you want at our sister site, BalletTalk for Dancers. They have a special forum, the Pro Shop, for the artisans behind the scenes, including those who tend wardrobes, and another devoted to pointe shoes. I strongly recommend that before you post about wanting to sell shoes, you contact Ms. Leigh to ask permission. I suspect they have policies against selling and trading through the site.

If you join BalletTalk for Dancers, you'll have to register separately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):