This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Netherlands Dance Theatre

Did anyone see Netherlands Dance Theatre in Chicago last week?

It was the first time they had been back to Chicago in about 35 years. It was a fabulous performance. Great rep from a variety of choreographers. Interesting lighting and set design as well. And if you made it to the Wednesday evening performance and you stayed there was a question & answer that followed involving two of the choreographers and the artistic director (who's last performance with the company was that very evening).

Let me know any of your thoughts on the performance. I would be interested to get others input.

I saw NDT in Toronto last weekend. I am so glad I had the opportunity to see them live! I am not sure what the rep was in Chicago but I loved both Shoot the Moon by Lightfoot Leon and The Second Person by Canadian choreographer Crystal Pite. Both had images and moments I will carry in my mind for a long, long time. They had enthusiastic standing ovations at the end of each piece from an audience that had many recognizable faces from the Canadian ballet and figure skating worlds (I am sad to say that the Carmen/ Skin Divers offering by NBoC i saw in the afternoon was not at all in the same league).