• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tuokkan

tuokkan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hello everyone,

I've already posted a question and got replies, but haven't introduced myself yet.

I'm from Finland but live in England and am a long-time ballet fan, but it was only a few years ago that I actually started taking classes, too (at the age of 41!). Before that, I had never done any kind of dancing, let alone any other form of regular exercise - it was only an occasional trip to the swimming pool or the gym and general rushing around that for me counted as exercise! I found ballet really difficult first as my feet tend to turn inward rather than outward, but have still kept up my classes. Since I moved to London I've had a chance to see a lot of performances and I've certainly made most of that - it's not that expensive, either, as the least expensive ballet tickets over here only cost about the same as what you pay when you go to the cinema.

Best wishes

Anita Tuokko

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

A pleasure to meet you formally, tuokkan! :wink:

As a student, you will probably be interested in checking out our sister board, BalletTalk for Dancers. It has a special "Adult Students" forum, which is a fun place to share triumphs (no matter how minor) and embarrassments and the whole range of adult student experiences. If you decide to join, you'll have to register separately.

Meanwhile, we hope you'll become an active participant here in our audience-related discussions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):