This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

In need of pointe shoe help!

I'm fairly new to pointe, I've only been dancing on pointe for eight months and I'm ready for a new pair of pointe shoes.

Right now I'm dancing on Capezio Glisses, and I HATE them... They're terribly uncomfortable and getting tight. I also don't like the way they look on or off my feet.

I'm totally in the dark on which brand or style would work well on my feet. I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice!! Thanks! :blush:

Hi, claroon, and welcome to BalletTalk.

You've registered on the audience site, and your question, though valid, is beyond the scope of our discussions. I invite you to join our sister board, BalletTalk for Dancers, which serves all the people who work in the studio and backstage. They have a special forum, Pointe Shoe Topics, the perfect place to find advice and suggestions for your problem.

You'll also find a direct link to the dancers' site on the top, right-hand side of your screen. You'll have to register there separately, and we hope you use the same screen name, so readers of both boards will recognize you.

When you see a performance that moves or interests you -- even on tv or video -- please feel to come to this site and compare your response with others. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm closing this topic.