• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anoushka

anoushka

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:49 AM

Hello everyone

I've just moved over to live in the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam) from the UK, and as a Royal Ballet addict, I ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about the ballet over here! But, I am willing to learn : )

I am going to get myself booked in to see a performance asap but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to sit? I like to be able to see the dancer's faces & feet, so usually I am willing to sacrifice the view of the stage for the sake of proximity to the stage so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Anoushka xx

#2 Mimi

Mimi

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:51 AM

Welcome welcome!!! :dry:

Edit: I see mr. Stevens has given much more useful advice than I did, so I'll just delete mine.
I hope you'll have a good time at Dutch National Ballet!

#3 Herman Stevens

Herman Stevens

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hello everyone

I've just moved over to live in the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam) from the UK, and as a Royal Ballet addict, I ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about the ballet over here! But, I am willing to learn : )

I am going to get myself booked in to see a performance asap but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to sit? I like to be able to see the dancer's faces & feet, so usually I am willing to sacrifice the view of the stage for the sake of proximity to the stage so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Anoushka xx

Row 6 to 10 parterre, and your seat needs to be single digits, meaning close to the center.

See y'around

Herman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):