This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Jones or Bujones.......

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yvonne

Yvonne

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 04:18 PM

Hee, hee, hee.........I just got off of eBay, where someone was offering a vhs tape of Coppelia starring "Fernando Jones". To me, "Bujones" carries alot more panache than "Jones"! wink.gif

ANYHOW.......Fernando Bujones never seems to be mentioned much on this board when we all go on about our favorite dancers and/or performances. I've only seen him on video with Cynthia Gregory in Paquita. Does anyone have any thoughts/impressions to share about this dancer??

I do recall seeing a performance video of him called "In His Own Image" for sale a while back.....am I just getting the wrong impression, or did this guy have a huge ego??

Perhaps he felt that he always had something to prove since he often seemed to be overshadowed by Bayrshnikov.....?? confused.gif

#2 bobsey

bobsey

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 08:29 AM

He traveled a lot and appeared with quite a few Latin American companies. The Coppelia is with the San Juan Ballet of Puerto Rico. It's really pretty good; he's in good form and his partner Anna Maria Castenon is just fine.

#3 Yvonne

Yvonne

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 09:57 AM

It's amazing to hear that he's still performing - thanks for the info! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):