Goldweberanyone?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Golab17

Golab17

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 11:49 PM

Anyone know if Mark Goldweber is still working for Joffrey? Anyone care to comment on how he is doing??

#2 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:28 AM

Yes, he's ballet master there, Golab.

I know him as a friendly acquaintance (several BalletTalkers do) but haven't seen the company since they left NYC, so there's not much I can say beyond that.

What prompts your interest?

#3 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 03:34 AM

As a matter of fact, he's got a speaking part in the upcoming film release by Robert Altman, The Company.

#4 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:31 AM

He's also moonlighting as the choreographer of a satirical holiday show called "Roasting Chestnuts". Check out the Nov. 29 links for a short excerpt, or read this (very positive) review.

#5 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:20 AM

Mark is indeed featured as himself in the movie 'The Company'. I saw it in DC this past weekend and I recognized him immediately...kinda neat to be able to turn to my friends & tell them, 'Hey, I know this guy!' What a delightful film. FINALLY a 'Hollywood movie' about ballet that 'gets it right'! CONGRATULATIONS to the Joffrey and to everybody associated with the making of this film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):