This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Walpurgisnacht by BalanchineIs there a DVD or VHS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chezdancer

chezdancer

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hi
I have been looking in the usual places for a DVD or VHS of Balanchine's Walpurgisnacht. I wondered if anyone could give me guidance.

Many thanks.

#2 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

chezdancer, there is an excerpt with Kyra Nichols and Ben Huys in the leads on the Balanchine Celebration, Part 1 DVD, taken from a 1993 NYCB performance. And you can help this site by buying it through the link at the top of the page.

#3 chezdancer

chezdancer

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi KFW
Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately the vhs is out of print and the cheapest that I can find it for is $250. So, I am going to have to put it on the back burner for a while. If I do order it, I will surely do it through your link.

Again, thanks for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):