This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Just published: New interview with Silja Schandorff, by Gunild Symes

You are invited to read the following interview with principle dancer of the Royal Danish Ballet, Silja Schandorff -- a lovely person, devoted artist and eloquent professional who is dancing her last year on the stage before retiring. She was just recently awarded the Teaterpokalen, or the Theater Cup, by the national association of Danish theater journalists in Denmark. To Danish dancers, it is the equivalent of an Oscar. The article was commissioned and published in January 2009 by Dance For You Magazine in Germany and written by Gunild Pak Symes. Link: Silja Schandorff interview http://www.danceforyou-magazine.com/pdf_fi...rds_revised.pdf

I hope people have/will read this interview. Silja Schandorff is one of the great ballerinas of our age, for me. I was lucky to see her when she was very young and unlucky not to have been able to follow her career except from afar. It's an interesting interview -- thank you, Gunild.