This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Does anyone know if there is a dvd of the NYCB Balanchine celebration that was performed in New York about 10 years ago? I can't remember exactly when it was performed, but there was a worldwide cast including Isabelle Guerin, Darcey Bussell, Igor Zelensky, Darci Kistler, Viviana Durante, Manuel Legris dancing a large reportory of Balanchine works. I taped it when it showed on t.v here in australia, but the tape is starting to wear out and I'm desperate for a copy.

Does anyone know if there is a dvd of the NYCB Balanchine celebration that was performed in New York about 10 years ago? I can't remember exactly when it was performed, but there was a worldwide cast including Isabelle Guerin, Darcey Bussell, Igor Zelensky, Darci Kistler, Viviana Durante, Manuel Legris dancing a large reportory of Balanchine works. I taped it when it showed on t.v here in australia, but the tape is starting to wear out and I'm desperate for a copy.

you really need to buy something like this ( http://www.plextor.com/english/products/ConvertX2.htm ) and convert it yourself. Then you can have it archived! I would not hold out hope for a commercial dvd anytime soon (if ever)

-goro-

verityjane, the program is also for sale in two volumes on VHS, although I have a feeling that the talk between the ballets isn't included. If you make a purchase through the Amazon link at the top of this page, you'll benefit this site.