Miami MergerMaximum Dance Company and Ballet Gamonet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sweets

sweets

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

So what does everyone think of the recent merger of Maximum Dance Company and Ballet Gamonet in Miami? They will now be called "Maximum Dance Company presents Ballet Gamonet. Any thoughts?

#2 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:27 PM

I read the link to the Miami Herald article but am not familiar with either company. We've been in Palm Beach County for only 4 years, and I know that Gamonet was formerly with Miami City Ballet for quite a while. But I don't recall any of his ballets in the current repertoire. Are there plans to bring the new company north to Broward and Palm Beach? Do you know if Gamonet owns the rights to the dances he created for Miami City?

Edited by bart, 21 February 2005 - 03:28 PM.

#3 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:11 AM

After looking at this thread and the one about Fort Worth/Dallas and their relatively new company, I wonder if there's now a trend toward longer and longer company names? I mean they're not the "Grands Ballets de Johann de von Gambolputty-Ausferneschplendenschlitttercrassenbonenfrieddiggerdingledangledongledungleeding
lieberburstein
von Knackerthrasherapplebangerhorowitzticolensicgranderknottyspeltnicklegrandlichgru
mblemayerspelterwasserkurstlichhimbleeisenbahnwagengutenabendbitteeinnürnbergerbr
atwustlegerspurtenmitweimaheluberhundsfutzengumberaberschönebankerkalbsfleischmit
tlerausser von Hautkopft of Ulm", but they're still quite a mouthful.

#4 Justdoit

Justdoit

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

After looking at this thread and the one about Fort Worth/Dallas and their relatively new company, I wonder if there's now a trend toward longer and longer company names?  I mean they're not the "Grands Ballets de Johann de von Gambolputty-Ausferneschplendenschlitttercrassenbonenfrieddiggerdingledangledongledungleeding
lieberburstein
von Knackerthrasherapplebangerhorowitzticolensicgranderknottyspeltnicklegrandlichgru
mblemayerspelterwasserkurstlichhimbleeisenbahnwagengutenabendbitteeinnürnbergerbr
atwustlegerspurtenmitweimaheluberhundsfutzengumberaberschönebankerkalbsfleischmit
tlerausser von Hautkopft of Ulm", but they're still quite a mouthful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mel, you gave me quite a chuckle with that one! However, to answer the question about Gamonet's ballets and who owns the rights. He does, most certainly. MCB has not performed one of his ballets since they parted ways a few years ago. His ballets are also not listed in the rep as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):