This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Miami Merger

I read the link to the Miami Herald article but am not familiar with either company. We've been in Palm Beach County for only 4 years, and I know that Gamonet was formerly with Miami City Ballet for quite a while. But I don't recall any of his ballets in the current repertoire. Are there plans to bring the new company north to Broward and Palm Beach? Do you know if Gamonet owns the rights to the dances he created for Miami City?

Edited by bart

After looking at this thread and the one about Fort Worth/Dallas and their relatively new company, I wonder if there's now a trend toward longer and longer company names? I mean they're not the "Grands Ballets de Johann de von Gambolputty-Ausferneschplendenschlitttercrassenbonenfrieddiggerdingledangledongledungleeding

lieberburstein

von Knackerthrasherapplebangerhorowitzticolensicgranderknottyspeltnicklegrandlichgru

mblemayerspelterwasserkurstlichhimbleeisenbahnwagengutenabendbitteeinnürnbergerbr

atwustlegerspurtenmitweimaheluberhundsfutzengumberaberschönebankerkalbsfleischmit

tlerausser von Hautkopft of Ulm", but they're still quite a mouthful.

After looking at this thread and the one about Fort Worth/Dallas and their relatively new company, I wonder if there's now a trend toward longer and longer company names?  I mean they're not the "Grands Ballets de Johann de von Gambolputty-Ausferneschplendenschlitttercrassenbonenfrieddiggerdingledangledongledungleeding

lieberburstein

von Knackerthrasherapplebangerhorowitzticolensicgranderknottyspeltnicklegrandlichgru

mblemayerspelterwasserkurstlichhimbleeisenbahnwagengutenabendbitteeinnürnbergerbr

atwustlegerspurtenmitweimaheluberhundsfutzengumberaberschönebankerkalbsfleischmit

tlerausser von Hautkopft of Ulm", but they're still quite a mouthful.

Mel, you gave me quite a chuckle with that one! However, to answer the question about Gamonet's ballets and who owns the rights. He does, most certainly. MCB has not performed one of his ballets since they parted ways a few years ago. His ballets are also not listed in the rep as well.