This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Panel DiscussionAnnouncement on ballet panel discussion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blondie

Blondie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 11:11 AM

Hi Everyone! This is my first posting, but I received an announcement yesterday that Mikko Nissinen will be participating in a panel discussion for the FleetBoston Celebrity Series and the Wang Center for the Performing Arts. The title of the discussion is "Dancing Through Time: The Kirov, St. Petersburg, and Ballet into the 21st Century." The discussion is on Monday, November 10 at 7 PM at the Schubert Theatre. It's free and open to the public.

In addition to Mikko, other participants are Makhar Vaziev, Director of the Kirov Ballet; Julie Buckler, Harris K. Weston Associate Professor of Slavic Languages and Literature at Harvard University; and Harlow Robinson, Professor of History and Modern Languages at Northeastern University.

Should be interesting!

Blondie

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 11:22 AM

Hi, Blondie -- welcome to Ballet Alert! and thank you for posting that. It does sound interesting -- someone else had mentioned the panel discussion a week or so ago. I hope you go and tell us about it (open invitation to all, of course) :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):