This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

A Candle for St. Jude

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Funny Face

Funny Face

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:50 AM

I read the book "A Candle for St. Jude" (still have it) by Rumer Godden a number of years ago, and only recently learned it had been made into a film (56 min. long), apparently back in 1952, and was released on video in 1969. I am wondering if anyone has seen this and can recommend it. It was a Westinghouse Studio One presentation. I don't know if the story line in the film is true to the book -- all I have been able to learn about the film version is that it depicts a ballet troupe in conflict. The film is choreographed by Ruthanna Boris with Lili Darvas and Tanaquil LeClerq in the cast.

For those unfamiliar with the story, here is beautiful, one-page site, with a synopsis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):