Alexandra

Maria Alexandrova

Posted (edited)

Wow! I have tickets to see that production, and will be happy to see any of the company’s dancers....but I wouldn't exactly be disappointed if it turned out I had a ticket for Alexandrova!

Edited by Drew

On 3/8/2018 at 8:58 AM, Gnossie said:

Thank you...this is wonderful news. I am sending this info/link to friends and family in the UK :) I wish I could go too!

GNOSSIE thank you so much !  Pls post the full GP if you can find it.

I don’t know if she can sing, but she has the perfect looks and body type to perform Velma Kelly in “Chicago”.  

10 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I don’t know if she can sing, but she has the perfect looks and body type to perform Velma Kelly in “Chicago”.

Is this meant as a compliment ???  :angry2:

Just now, mnacenani said:

Is this meant as a compliment ???  :angry2:

Yes of course, it is a plum role that any actress would be thrilled to play.  It won Catherine Zeta-Jones the Oscar.  

Posted (edited)

Having just seen them (her and Vladislav Lantratov) perform at the Mariinsky, I was thinking something very similar at the time. I thought that if they ever wanted they would do very well in such things as Broadway musicals. They were charismatic, especially in Act I (Don Quixote). Definitely intended as a compliment.

Edited by Buddy

This thread has been quiet for a long time so I thought maybe I'd post some things Maria has been up to this week! She's periodically been appearing in a mime drama (or a 'drama without words' as it's described), called 'Caligula', playing Caligula's wife Caesonia, at the Moscow Provincial (Gubernskiy) Theatre. It seems like it's a mixture of theatre/mime and dance. More information and photos here: http://m-g-t.ru/performance/kaligula, and at the bottom some videos...Masha does fierce and strong women pretty well, as we know! They took it to St. Petersburg on Monday, pictures and a couple of videos on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aleksandrova_maria_bt/tagged/

At the weekend she was in Lisbon at the Mirpuri Foundation Gala, where she did the Don Q PdD with (I think) Lobukhin. Again, pictures on Instagram. 

Not sure what she's up to next.....

Thanks for the updates....

So, on December 14th the lucky people of Perm get to see a new production of Bayadere with Alexandrova as Gamzatti facing off against Osipova as Nikiya! That is going to be some confrontation scene!! Lantratov is Solor. Then on 16th Alexandrova plays Nikiya, with Lantratov again as Solor, and Perm principal Albina Rangulova as Gamzatti. Hoping some rehearsal videos might find their way onto Instagram.... 

Full information here: https://permopera.ru/playbills/playbill/82994/