This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jan Lee Ping

Guest bonzooi

Guest bonzooi

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago i was in china.

I saw there on the tv a special around a famous chinese artist/ballet/ control dancer named Jan Lee Ping

Does anyone know if or where i can buy some cd or video or what else from her..????

like to hear from you.

Greetings from the Netherlands :-)

Bye,

Marco

doesn't she do those amazing balances (on point) on the head/shoulders/arms of a body-builder-like man? I think she recently did a performance in Japan and it was broadcast on tv. I'm afraid I didn't videotape it, but I'm sure somebody must have taped it...It was pretty fantastic.

Guest bonzooi

Hello Terry,

this is exactly what i man. I saw this on television, not in japan but in china.

but the is a "control" dancer with faboulus music.

if some has any info...

please react!

greetings

marco

This past weekend I caught a Chinese variety show on channel 63 (NYC Metro area) that included an amazing dance segment. The ballerina was balancing on her partner's head, on pointe, in arabesque. She then did a prominade in this position. (I have never seen anyone do this on the floor - an unsupported, slow prominade on pointe.) Needless to say, I was astounded.

Could this have been Jan Lee Ping? The entire program was in Chinese and the TV listings had no description. I would like to know more about this dancer. Anyone have any leads? Is there more than one dancer who has such balance?

Thanks,

Danielle

Guest ducklingdance

i'm not sure if i'm talking about the same person. i just watched tv. there was a dance acrobatic show from Dalian(a place in china). there's a lady who can do like what you said. balancing on her partner's head and even shoulder. the ending pose was she balance on pointe in arsbesque and a young girl blancing on her head with hands while doing split all on top of the guy's head. isn't it amazing?

I remember seeing in a magasine a photo of a chinese dancer doing a développé in front at 180° and bending backwards at a festival in Monte-Carlo, but I can't remember if the name was there.I'll have to check later, I don't have much time now. There's also going to be a special show at the Paris Opera next year with various artists from China, and the Photo on the ad for it is of a dancer doing an arabesque on her partner's shoulder. I don't know if the two photos are from the same dancer and if any is the one you're talking about. I'll have a look later.

Su-lian.