This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Canada Ballet

Guest Daniella64

Guest Daniella64

My Fiance and I have been considering moving to Canada, we are presently in Virgina, US. This is only something we have been considering, mainly because if we do go to a war with Iraq VA is not the best place to live, being to close to our nations capital. We also like the idea of Canada's structure of living and goverment, and I know French, which will be a help. Anyway I am thinking about transfering to a University in Canada, so I would like to start with that as a basis for my research. Does anyone know a good university in Canada that has a Ballet program? my other major is primary education. Any info would be great! Thanks!!

Danielle

Daniella64, I was hoping that you'd have gotten more responses by now! I think that you might try posting this question on the Moms and DAds board and see if there are some parents who might have some more input for you. Perhaps title it something along the lines of "A University in Canada with a good ballet program?" or something like that? As a matter of fact, there is a new thread right now about colleges that asks for input. :)

Good luck and let us know where you end up!

Guest Daniella64

Thank You everyone for your replies!! I have lots of research to do now! : ) I will check out the college and mom and dad thread. Thanks again!! I'll let you know what I decide!

Hi Daniella64,

York University in Toronto, lends itself more to the modern side. my personal opinion after going through the audition process with my older daughter. Apparently the University of Calgary is the only university in Canada that offers a BA in dance. It works closely with the Alberta Ballet School. Just to add to your onslaught of information. I think all of them are by audition, including Ryerson.