This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Florence Clerc appointed director of MaggioDanza in Florence.ss

I've just seen a post on ballet.co.uk saying that the former POB principal Florence Clerc has been apointed director of the company MaggioDanza in Florence. The following page on the site of the RAI (Italian television) seems to be announcing that (I don't speak Italian):

http://www.televideo.rai.it/televideo/Noti...Sezione=Culture

The former director of the company was the former dancer Elisabetta Terabust (who also had been the director of the ballet of the Scala in Milan a few years ago).

As far as I know, Florence Clerc, who had retired officially from the POB in 1991 (when she turned 40) has no experience as a company director. But I think she worked with Eugene Poliakov, who was the director of MaggioDanza for a while in the 1970s and 1980s. Also I remember reading very positive comments in some interviews about her teaching and coaching (especially by Jean-Guillaume Bart). She's the wife of Charles Jude, who is the present director of the Ballet de Bordeaux.

After having a look at the season program of the Teatro Comunale of Florence, it seems that the season of MaggioDanza there will include:

-"Carmen" by Amedeo Amodio in october

-"Donne" (women) by Gheorge Inacy in october

-"Coppélia" staged by Charles Jude in December

-"Tout Satie" by Roland Petit in April

Also the post on ballet.co.uk mentioned that Elisabetta Terabust will become the director of the Teatro San Carlo in Naples.