This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Guest tsavoie

I am trying to find a video of this ballet. It seems to be available only from the Lincoln Center performing arts library. Does anyone know a place either online, or in Ohio that I might be able to get it? Thanks,Terri

There is (or was) a condensed version (along with Swan Lake (with Ulanova, Sergeyev and Dudinskaya) and Fountains of Baksichirai (with Ulanova and Plisetskaya) on a video called Stars of the Russian Ballet. I don't know if it's still available, but you could do a search on Amazon and find out.

the only substantial film of FLAMES OF PARIS is the one on STARS OF THE RUSSIAN BALLET, a '53 film.

it's on cassette from KULTUR, but rem. it is not the complete ballet, i know of no such film on the market but is given in this russian film as substantial excerpt:

as follows (also available on amazon):

http://www.kulturvideo.com/AB2046000/webpa...=6&WebPage_ID=3

Stars of the Russian ballet [videorecording] / Lenfilm ; released by Corinth Films ; directed by G. Rappaport.: U.S.S.R. : Lenfilm, 1953 ; U.S. : Kultur, c1988.

(82 min.) : sd., col.

Notes :Danced by members of the Bolshoi Ballet and the Kirov Ballet.

:Music performed by the orchestra of the Leningrad Theater ; conductors, V. Doubovksy, P. Felot.

Swan lake (condensed version) Choreography: Konstantin Sergeev. Music: Tchaikovsky. Performed by Galina Ulanova (Odette), Natalia Dudinskaya (Odile), Konstantin Sergeev (Prince), V. Bakanov (Magician) -- The fountain of Bakhchisaray: excerpts. Choreography: Rostislav Zakharov. Music: B. Asaf'yev. Performed by Galina Ulanova (Maria), Maya Plisetskaya (Zarema), Igor Belskii (Nurahli), Petr Gusev (Girei), Yuri Zhdanov (Vaclav) -- The flames of Paris: excerpts. Choreography: Vasily I. Vainonen. Music: Asaf'yev. Performed by Vakhtang Chabukiani (Philippe), Musa Gotlieb (Jeanne), Yadviga Sangovich (Teresa)

Narration and titles in Russian, with English subtitles.

Subjects:Swan lake (Choreographic work : Sergeev, K after Ivanov and Petipa, M)

Fountain of Bakhchisaray (Choreographic work : Zakharov)

Flames of Paris (Choreographic work : Vainonen)