This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

There is no recording of Beauty made with any performance cuts that I can find. They always seem to play the whole dang thing, the way it was written, and even the 1890 production took cuts!

Bayadere is available in Makarova's version for the Royal Ballet on English Decca. I don't believe it's available in the US.

The Kirov's productions are both too new, so we'll have to keep watching the recordings reviews, and Schwann Opus next year.

Mr Johnson, I thought Makarova's Bayadere is ONLY available in the US and not in the UK! It looks like you can get it on amazon.com but not from .co.uk - it's sad the US and UK videos are not compatible or I would order it from there. I haven't seen it in the shops here.

Incidentally, I have ordered things from amazon.fr before as it is cheaper for some things than the UK one, even with shipping etc. so it might be worth checking the other "branches" for prices before you order!:)

Oops!:) You are correct, I was just searching on audios for something else when I answered that question, and only was referring to that medium, as that was foremost in my mind. I've been following the trades on the videos, and they are projecting a release, but the shoots have not been done yet.:rolleyes:

I am a Bayadere fan and purchased the Makarova video from Amazon.com in the USA. It arrived in only three days and it will play on my UK video machine. I believe that all newish video players (mine is some 4 years old) will play both UK and USA systems.

In my view the ultimate video recording is the Paris Opera Ballet Nureyev's production with Isobelle Guerin, Laurent Hilaire and Elisabeth Platel although the corps de ballet are the real stars. This is available from The Royal Opera shop.

i'm not sure if mel j. already answered this, but to add to the 'promise', when questioned specificially on this at a talk given when the Kirov was recently playing at the Lincoln Center Festival, Makharbek Vaziev said without hesitation that yes, both the recently staged versions of THE SLEEPING BEAUTY and of LA BAYADERE are due to be recorded on CD and DVD, but as indicated here, those plans remain just plans, no date for release is being mentioned.