This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Greetings

Sheep

Hi Everyone,

My name is Paul. I joined ballet when I was very young (five or six) because my sister was too shy or nervous to join. She ended up staying with classes for fifteen years and is now a certified social worker specializing in dance therapy. At my first performance I played a black sheep, of all things (hence my username). 

Just last week I rekindled my interest in ballet by watching the ABT's performance of The Dream and The Seasons. I liked it very much and wanted to connect with similar-minded people. 

Just a quick note on etiquette. I honestly don't understand ballet etiquette, such as the fact that I've been instructed not to take notes during a performance as it may be distracting to the audience and the performers. I also don't understand all the social cues of attendance and viewing, if that makes sense. So, if I cross any boundaries on here, it is just unintentional. 

Otherwise, I can't wait to learn more (I particularly like performances based on Shakespeare) and meet new people.

Thank you,

Paul