This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Met Season 2023

2 hours ago, nanushka said:

For the 2022 Met Season, Friends at or above the Affiliate level ($480) got access to single tickets one week ahead of the regular single ticket sales. This year that would be April 17.  I have not seen any announcement about this for 2023.

Someone asked about time. I believe the box office and on-line sales start at 12 noon EDT. 

Edited by California

was thinking about ABT’s swan lake and watching an old video of it. During act 3 they used to change/ dim the lights during odile’s entrance and pdd-coda (i think) i thought it added so much to the production & made it more mysterious  realized that for the last run of swan lake they left the lighting completely bright for the whole third act. Idk just a weird observation i had and wanted to ask if anyone knows when they stopped dimming the lights// noticed this too. hopefully they make the switch back to dim lights for act 3 this season 

1 hour ago, Becki Lee said:

More Midwest casting… at the Auditorium in Chicago!

Zimmi and Jonathan Klein get a Some Assembly Required.

Jose and Blaine get a Touché.

Also, Daniel (with Isabella) and Cate (with Blaine) in Songs of Bukovina. 

Happy to see that casting for Zimmi and Jonathan.

1 hour ago, DPell said:

I think they’re doing one of the Swan Lake Pas as part of the mixed rep bill in Chicago. I don’t remember if it’s the White or the Black

Black. Trenary has posted rehearsal footage of her as O/O before. I would love to see her actually be cast.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:28 AM, Josette said:

That video of her in the Act Ii pas de deux with Cornejo is beautiful.  Trenary is so expressive.  

Perhaps Jaffe found magic from the audience at the KC in the R&J pairing.  Sadly  I didn't see their show but would love SL 's with Trenary-Cornejo and Boylston-Camargo.  Purples-Zhurbin or Curley.  Zhurbin [no Whiteside] is listed on Segerstrom digital program as a principal on the tour so maybe he's pairing with a Hurlin Gertrudis.

Edited by maps
1 hour ago, maps said:

Zhurbin [no Whiteside] is listed on Segerstrom digital program as a principal on the tour so maybe he's pairing with a Hurlin Gertrudis.

I can't see Zhurbin as Juan Alejandrez as it's such an intense dancing role, but those of you who regularly see ABT in NY have a better idea than I of Zhurbin's virtuoso dance capabilitites, which are required for Juan Alejandrez.   He may be cast as Pedro's father, which was created by the beloved, great character dance-actor Gary Avis in London.  Having seen the ballet in London, the casting looks pretty good to me (in particular casting Trenary, and it was obvious that Cornejo would be Pedro, and that Stearns and Forrester should be cast in the wonderful role of Dr. John), though I personally would prefer seeing Zimmi Coker as Gertrudis instead of Brandt in the role.   I am not surprised and actually relieved that certain principals were not cast.   The dancers should love rehearsing and performing this ballet.