This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Program 1, Sep 23-24, Sep 29-Oct 1: Allegro Brillante, Wartime Elegy, Carmina Burana

On 10/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, Helene said:

.  Edited to add:  The lead was a fantastic role for Angelica Generosa.

I really enjoyed watching Angelica Generosa revisit Allegro Brilliante.  I wish I could have seen her perform it at her graduation SAB workshop.  Here is a writeup in the NY Times from 2011:   https://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/arts/dance/school-of-american-ballet-workshop-performance-review.html

Opening week of the run I saw her perform it three times between dress rehearsal, opening night, and Saturday matinee.  I just loved how she put care into so many details, and her technique is so solid.  The partnership with Jonathan Batista (fantastic dancer in his own right) continues to blossom and is a thrill to watch!

Today Elizaveta Gogidze posted an Instagram story of the United Ukrainian Ballet in The Hague learning Ratmansky’s Wartime Elegy. She shot the men rehearsing the second section. I think it's perfectly great that PNB is not insisting on exclusivity and is allowing the UUB to perform this piece, which it paid for, after all.

55 minutes ago, volcanohunter said:

Today Elizaveta Gogidze posted an Instagram story of the United Ukrainian Ballet in The Hague learning Ratmansky’s Wartime Elegy. She shot the men rehearsing the second section. I think it's perfectly great that PNB is not insisting on exclusivity and is allowing the UUB to perform this piece, which it paid for, after all.

Do you have an Instagram address for her? I'm not seeing this under @liza_on_stage

I wonder where they plan to perform this. I haven't seen announcements of further engagements other than the Kennedy Center in February. 

1 hour ago, California said:

Do you have an Instagram address for her? I'm not seeing this under @liza_on_stage

There seem to be two accounts, with an extra underscore in the one she doesn’t use. She posted it here 7 hours ago.

https://instagram.com/liza_on_stage

I know the company has worked with Jíři Kylián and Paul Lightfoot. But I have no idea about performances.

Edited by volcanohunter