This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Thursday, August 11

dirac

A review of the National Ballet of Canada in "Swan Lake" by Leigh Witchel for dancelog.nyc.

The music for the mime explaining her predicament was instead used for a pas de deux. There was no explanation of who anyone was or the importance of swearing fidelity. That moment happened during the ball with no warning. There were also several small musical inserts into the usual score that didn’t seem to come from anywhere familiar, including the unused portions of the score.

The School of Ballet Arizona offers classes for people with Down syndrome and Parkinson's disease.

"I was working with children with autism as well as other disabilities and I thought 'you know that'd be a great fit! I'm a dancer, I think it's meant to be. I have to get in to teach the adaptive dance program," Ballet Arizona instructor Michelle Reissig said. "Anyone can dance. Anyone. Regardless of your disability, we will find a way to get you dancing."