This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Saturday, July 9

dirac

Interviews with New York City Ballet dancers in Saratoga's The Daily Gazette.

Every now and then, she got the opportunity to “show my stuff” and got a small role. And by last season, she was doing corps and a bunch of solos.

“But I wanted to continue to be challenged. But a role I’d been promised then went to someone else. That’s when I questioned my future and even my place in the company,” she said.

Two weeks later she was promoted to soloist.

Related.

“’A Midsummer Night’s Dream,’ I think is in my personal opinion the gem of the program,” Hyltin said. “Not only because I’m performing in it, but it’s just Balanchine at his most witty and most sublime.”

Performing at SPAC is especially meaningful for Hyltin because it’s where she first saw the NYCB when she was growing up. The Texas native was attending the School of American Ballet’s summer course and took a trip up to SPAC to see the NYCB. It was that performance that solidified her desire to pursue ballet professionally.

Devon Teuscher makes a guest appearance with Boca Ballet Theatre.

“The Sleeping Beauty” is the epitome of traditional classical ballet. This production features Boca Ballet Theatre’s co-artistic director Dan Guin’s staging after Marius Petipa’s choreography and the hauntingly beautiful and famous score of Peter Tchaikovsky.