This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Colleen Buckley Hoopes

My deepest condolences to Buckley's family, Arizona Ballet, and her friends in and out of the ballet world.

From an interview with her parents and sister published yesterday in Rochester, NY:

Colleen's family created a scholarship in her honor at the Draper Center For Dance where she studied to help kids with the same passion she had.

People who wish to donate can send a check made out to "Draper Center for Dance Education," with "Colleen Buckley Scholarship" in the memo line. 

The Draper Center for Dance Education is located at 1326 University Ave, Rochester, NY 14607.

The loss of Colleen is sad beyond belief.

I can say without the slightest bit of exaggeration that Colleen was the gentlest person that I’ve ever met. She always had a happy face and a willingness to help others – as evidenced in her generous outreach work for BAZ. We will remember her fondly and miss her dearly.

Ballet Arizona is dedicating the remaining performances of Round:Reimagined to Colleen.

Here’s a set of photos of Colleen from one of her fans:

Colleen Photos

Here's Colleen in Ib Andersen's A Midsummer Night's Dream:

E_z0i6MVcBIcK6c?format=jpg&name=large

And Colleen in Ballet Arizona's Napoli:

242458866_10159580917624938_329052136267