This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mikhail Baryshnikov is starring in The Orchard at the Baryshnikov Arts Center and Virtually this spring. Previews begin May 31 at the BAC, with a limited run June 16 - July 3 at the BAC and virtually.

https://playbill.com/article/mikhail-baryshnikov-and-jessica-hecht-will-star-in-the-orchard-at-baryshnikov-arts-center

I saw this virtually in February 2021. That one was fully booked very quickly, so I suggest interested persons move quickly when tickets become available.

Information about tickets:

Ticket prices for Live & In-Person at the Baryshnikov Arts Center are $79, $59, and $39 with premium seating available. Tickets for the first week of previews are $69, $49, and $29.

Tickets for The Virtual Experience Online are $28. There are also bundles available for those who want to experience both versions of The Orchard and the prices are $100, $80, and $50 with premium seating available.

Tickets go on sale beginning April 12 exclusively for Audience Rewards members (www.audiencerewards.com). It's free to join. Tickets go on sale on April 15 to the public. For tickets and information, please visit: www.TheOrchardOffBroadway.com.

Source: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jessica-Hecht-and-Mikhail-Baryshnikov-to-Star-In-THE-ORCHARD-At-Baryshnikov-Arts-Center-20220412

Edited by California
1 hour ago, dirac said:

A belated thanks for the heads up, California. Sounds like you liked the production?

It's just so different! I'm not well-schooled in experimental theater, but the virtual program during lock-down was fascinating and I look forward to seeing it in the theater in June. 

A CBS News interview with Baryshnikov.

As he performs in "The Orchard," Mikhail Baryshnikov says the role of the arts is to inspire and engage ("It's an oxygen"), and his more important job is here, at the arts center that bears his name.

Mason asked, "Why is it the most important job?"

"It's a social service," he said. "I've been honored to make my home in New York. I love this country, with all craziness. There is nothing better to be a free man and living with your family in free society and in this extraordinary city."