This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Thursday, March 3

dirac

A review of the Royal Ballet in 'Swan Lake' by Joy Sable in  The Jewish Chronicle.

Other standout performances come from Bennet Gartside as Von Rothbart, stalking the stage with a compelling malevolence, and Gina Storm-Jensen. She is all delicious backbends and haughty demeanor in the Act III Spanish dance, while in the Act I Waltz, her sunny smile lights up the stage.

Scottish Ballet hires "intimacy coaches" to help dancers prepare for performing "The Scandal at Mayerling."

Scottish Ballet said it expected the show – which charts the excessive lifestyle of the crown prince Rudolf and explores his morbid fascination with death – to “startle” audiences.Intimacy coaches or coordinators are becoming increasingly used in film and TV productions to provide extra protection for actors.

A review of New York City Ballet by Leigh Witchel for dancelog.nyc.

Russell Janzen may be the sleeper male principal in the company, less for his virtuosity than his intelligence and attention to detail. Phlegmatic is especially suited to his physique and character. His demeanor was reticent enough that his hand had to lead him onstage, otherwise he might not have entered. Before the women entered, he took an effortful breath, and then lifted his foot. It was a thought-out performance.

An interview with Tiler Peck.

“It was actually Susan Stroman who said to me, ‘you know, Tiler, you’re really young and you’ve got great technique, and it’s always easy to lose technique when you’re in a Broadway show doing the same choreography [everyday], so you should really find somewhere to train.’ I decided I’d train there during the day and go do the show at night. It was the best of both worlds,” she recalls.