This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Display Wall Mount for Pointe Shoes

I wanted some kind of wall display mount for a pair of autographed pointe shoes. I didn't see anything on the web, so I fashioned something using my 3D printer. Designed it using Tinkercad and shared the design on Thingiverse. The result is below. Does anyone have a better approach? Please share anything you do to display pointe shoes.

IMG-20220208-223112.jpg

IMG-20220208-223151.jpg%22%20alt=%22IMG-

IMG-20220208-223238.jpg%22%20alt=%22IMG-

28 minutes ago, pbl said:

I wanted some kind of wall display mount for a pair of autographed pointe shoes. I didn't see anything on the web, so I fashioned something using my 3D printer. Designed it using Tinkercad and shared the design on Thingiverse. The result is below. Does anyone have a better approach? Please share anything you do to display pointe shoes.

Very interesting! I use those Scotch 3M hooks with the shoes in clear heavy plastic bags. On another wall, I have one of those accordion racks for hats/coats. I worry about dust/dirt and my collection goes back to the 70s (Farrell, Ashley, Watts!). I have an alcove in my condo that was apparently intended for sculpture, but I line the walls with my collection.

I am not sure if this can be seen off Facebook, but here is one shot: 273579117_4800270533413171_7129297933329

The framed autograph on the back wall is Baryshnikov on the program for Push Comes to Shove in 1976, the year of its premiere. 

Edited by California