This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Rosie Kay Dance Company

I have never heard of the Rosie Kay Dance Company,  but it is apparently a well-regarded British modern dance company based in Birmingham,  England.  Or rather it was - Rosie Kay herself has been driven out of her own company because several dancers made charges against her of "transphobia".  They were upset with Kay because she used the words " penis" and "vagina",  described her new work based on Virginia Woolf's Orlando,  and at a party in her home,  she showed the dancers around her home,  including her child's bedroom.  They harassed her to the point that she required psychiatric care.

https://archive.ph/mPC4Y

I don't understand why she didn't just fire them.  At any rate,  Kay retains ownership of her intellectual property,  so the Rosie Kay company can't perform any of her work.  Meanwhile she's been cutoff from the company bank account and social media.  I'd liken it to the Salem Witch Trials,  except those women at least had a day in court before they were condemned.

Edited by On Pointe
Typo