This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Illustrator for new Allegra Kent book, Grand Jeté and Me

As many of you are probably aware, Allegra Kent's new book releases in a few days. I had the opportunity to interview Robin Preiss Glasser, the illustrator for Grand Jeté and Me, who you may know from either her career at Pennsylvania Ballet or Fancy Nancy fame. I find her story to be quite interesting, a testament to many professional dancers who go on to have successful careers beyond the stage. I hope you enjoy reading the interview as much as I did the conversation with Robin and writing the final piece!

I Knew Robin well as a former colleague at Pennsylvania Ballet- (Philadelphia Ballet ). She was an excellent dramatic and versatile dancer. One of Benjamin Harkarvys favorites, She was outstanding in Lilac Garden,Carmina Burana, and very funny in Peter Anastos Yes Virginia another piano ballet.  She would give us her Christmas cards with her talented illustrations- not realizing that it would lead to her new career. I am looking forward to getting the book too.

It arrived today, and it is delightful!!!!

I knew I recognized Robin Preiss (Glassner)'s name, but not just from rosters.  Then I looked at the cast lists for a performance I saw when Pennsylvania Ballet performed at BAM, and she was Madge in "La Sylphide"!