This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Golden State Ballet arrives in the heart of San Diego (formerly California Ballet Company?)

Actually, they did add the COVID stuff. Still digesting. I did get a PCR test last week (neg), but it looks like I may need another one.

COVID-19 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL SHOWS  

Per the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), prior to entering our theatre, all guests will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) OR present proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours before the start time of an event. 

• Acceptable proof of vaccination is either the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or digital vaccination record with an appropriate ID matching the name on vaccination documentation.  

• Unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 or guests with a valid medical restriction & medical note will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72 hours before the start time of the event and will provide proof of a negative result before entering the venue. 

• Acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy). The documentation must include: 

• Type of test (indicating it is a PCR or antigen test) 

• The entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service) 

• Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected within the 3 days before the event start time.  

• Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number) 

• Test Result 

• Over-the-counter tests will not be accepted as proof of negative results of COVID-19 

• ALL guests are required to wear a mask for the duration of the event except when eating or drinking. 

California residents may request a digital vaccination

I forgot I started this thread. I did end up going on Dec 18th. Security detail left a lot to be desired, but I did get in, and it was a good performance, although a dancer did get injured shortly after intermission. I couldn't tell who. Masks were expected of patrons. Dancers were somewhat less than half masked. There was no Clara meet and greet afterwards.

But it's been nothing since then. And now, their next performance (first since Nutcracker) will be in the suburbs, not the Civic. 

A BOLD NIGHT OF BALLET HITS.

EMERGE | June 8 & 10th, 2022
Poway Center for the Performing Arts
15498 Espola Road, Poway

Golden State Ballet presents EMERGE, a bright evening of dance, mixing ballet hits from classical to contemporary, honoring the past, present, and future of ballet. This breakthrough performance displays the versatility of the GSB dancers featuring works by Petipa, Balanchine, and a world premiere by Andrea Schermoly. Includes a guest appearance from students of the award-winning Golden State Ballet Academy.

Run time: Approximately 90 minutes, including two intermissions.