This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Friday, July 23

dirac

American Ballet Theatre returns to the New York stage later this year.

“We cannot wait to see ABT in the Lincoln Center theaters that are our home,” ABT Executive Director Kara Medoff Barnett told CNBC’s “Worldwide Exchange” on Friday. “We know that our New York fans are eager to see ABT’s artists take the stage again.”

Paul Craig of the Boston Ballet will speak this week as part of a local lecture series.

Join Paul at 10 a.m. as he shares what it was like growing up in Manistee and his journey to becoming a principal dancer with Boston Ballet. He’ll compare stories of becoming a professional ballet dancer to a more conventional career. He’ll also share his view on how classical, contemporary, and modern dance are essential to keeping the traditions of dance as an art form alive.

Q&A with Emily Coates.

With a background in dance, followed by writing and speaking, how did you make the transition into film, and what was that transition like?

EC: I started out dancing professionally at 15, and eventually needed to begin making my own work and finding my own voice to augment my presence as a mover and performer. Writing was key to this transition for me. I’ve taught a ‘dance on film’ course for many years that looks at their intersection from the late 19th through the 20th century, and it was time to jump in myself.