This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Atlanta Ballet 2021 - 2022 Season

So far, 2022 looks to be a short season - presumably due to the lack of funds generated during the previous 2 years.

"Atlanta Ballet company dancers return to live, in-person theatre performances after a two-year hiatus"

https://www.atlantaballet.com/news/atlanta-ballet-2021-2022-season?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_6_16_21_SEASON_ANNOUNCE_21_22)

THE CARLOS FAMILY IN HONOR OF THALIA N. CARLOS PRESENTS THE NUTCRACKER  DECEMBER 4-30, 2021

ATLANTA BALLET 2 PRESENTS: SNOW WHITE
FEBRUARY 4-6, 2022

FIREBIRD
FEBURARY 11-13, 2022

GISELLE
MARCH 18-20, 2022

MAY PROGRAM
MAY 13-15, 2022
Following its triumphant premiere in Atlanta Ballet’s reimagined 2020|2021 season of Silver Linings, Claudia Schreier’s Pleiades Dances makes its way to the theatre stage for the May program. Adding a classical element to the evening are selections from Paquita – a famed nineteenth century classic revered for its demanding and intricate choreography. Finally, an all-new work by Atlanta Ballet Company dancer Sergio Masero, whose piece Teneo Integrum mesmerized audiences last season, will balance out the season finale production.

Thanks for this reminder.

Premiers by company dancers are a nice way to develop in-house choreographers but one can't help feeling that they may be another money-saving measure as well.

The Schreier premier is the highlight for me --and a chance to see her Pleiades Dances in the theater. After that, the Paquita--which is both a wonderful slice of classical dancing and, of course, rather a test of where the dancers are as classical dancers. When it was danced by the company during Nedvigin's first season, the "second" cast, which was the only cast I saw, struggled--at least so it seemed to me. And the dancers who were (to some extent) exceptions--Mara, Nash, and Rogers--are all of them no longer with the company.

I will be curious to see Giselle as well, but probably take a pass on Nutcracker.

Of course, I'm assuming that the Covid situation in GA will be well under control . . . if there is any doubt . . . well, no live ballet for me.

Edited by Drew