This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wednesday, April 14

dirac

An interview with Diana Vishneva by Oksana Khadarina for DanceTabs.

What did you want to reflect in this film?

This project was born within the walls of a museum not by accident. Today, in the conditions of a new reality, we all ask ourselves the question: will we return to our “old” life? And what will happen next?

Today we understand that art and theater – and their dialogue with the audience – is changing. The processes of merging the arts with technology is accelerating, giving rise to new artistic tools and techniques.

Atlanta Ballet presents a short film,"Force of Habit."

The synopsis:

“It is about navigating space in the world as a Black person and about the need to steal oneself against seemingly innocuous experiences and daily interactions. The film follows a lone Black man as he begins his day and we watch him as he strengthens himself and adds layers to ultimately have the courage, security, and the confidence to walk through the world, knowing the obstacles are everywhere,” said Schreier.

Q&A with Gavin Larsen about her new book, "Being a Ballerina."

‣ There seems to have been an intentional decision to mention some of your teachers by name and others by descriptive title. What is the reasoning behind this distinction?

Again, it was a strategy to allow myself to be completely honest without worrying about hurting someone— in this case, my former teachers— and to tell it in a fictional style, while it was of course completely factual.

And then I enjoyed the veil of mystery around the descriptive ‘names’ I gave to certain teachers, as if it helped the reader carve out a picture in their own head of what they looked like and what their aura was like.