This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Thursday, February 4

dirac

New York City Ballet's digital season will include new performances filmed onstage.

The return to the Koch Theater is viewed as a step toward preparing the company for the reopening of performing arts spaces to the public. City Ballet plans to stage a live season, conditions permitting, in the fall. Wendy Whelan, City Ballet’s associate artistic director, said the company has been trying to “build a momentum with the different things we’re streaming and rolling out, and sort of building more and more opportunities to slowly get dancers onstage.”

A review of the final episode of Sadler's Wells and BBC Arts' "Dancing Nation" by Siobhan Murphy for DanceTabs.

The problem with dance responses to “our unprecedented times” is that too much is in flux for such a work to seem anything other than inchoate. This was demonstrated with the first offering in Sadler’s Wells’ final programme of excerpts for its Dancing Nation streamed extravaganza.......... 

An interview with Sergei Polunin.

“I reached the top, then I realised not much has changed,” he says. “There were 10, 11 hours in the studio, six days a week, touring, one month off a year, and only a tiny bit of money. I thought the world must be so much more than this, let me see what is out there.”