This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB opening gala online January 30, 2021

The opening gala of the dance season will be available online for free  January 30 at 20:00 local time here :

https://chezsoi.operadeparis.fr/videos/gala-d-ouverture

Program
Défilé du Ballet
Choregraphy: Albert Aveline, Serge Lifar
Music: Hector Berlioz

Grand pas classique

Valentine Colasante, Danseuse Etoile
Hugo Marchand, Danseur Etoile

In the night

1st pas de deux :
Ludmila Pagliero, Danseuse Etoile
Mathieu Ganio, Danseur Etoile
2nd pas de deux :
Léonore Baulac, Danseuse Etoile
Germain Louvet, Danseur Etoile
3rd pas de deux :
Alice Renavand, Danseuse Etoile
Stéphane Bullion, Danseur Etoile

The vertiginous thrill of exactitude
Amandine Albisson, Danseuse Etoile
Ludmila Pagliero, Danseuse Etoile
Paul Marque, Danseur Etoile
Hannah O'Neill, Première danseuse
Pablo Legasa, Premier danseur

The gala will be broadcasted tonight for patrons

https://www.today24.news/en/2021/01/paris-opera-its-traditional-opening-gala-to-follow-online.html

I didn't mind the defile with the masks although I would have liked for the House of Chanel to have created special masks for the event. I don't know how I feel about the ending bows with no applause -- weird or haunting (or both?) (Shallow person that I am, I definitely missed the applause-o-meter for the etoiles and premieres.)

In the Night worked best within the context of the deserted opera house. Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude showed off new etoile Paul Marque to perfection. And Hugo Marchand has the rock star hair going on!

On 1/30/2021 at 2:03 PM, miliosr said:

I didn't mind the defile with the masks although I would have liked for the House of Chanel to have created special masks for the event.

I've been wondering myself why more companies (or companies) don't take the opportunity to have outer masks designed for their events. It's easy enough to wear a thin decorative mask over a "real" one underneath - whatever is appropriate.