This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

1998 article on Paul Mejia & Fort Worth Ballet (D Magazine)

1 hour ago, canbelto said:

Here is an article that goes in depth into some of Paul Mejia's life AFTER Suzanne:

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1998/october/culture-beauties-and-the-beast/

What does this mean? "The Ballet, as it rums out, had concluded its investigation prematurely." But that's not the only problem spot - watch out for the periods that should be commas, and other punctuation oddities.
I'm guessing someone used Optical Character Recognition software to digitize the original news article, but then no one took responsibility for cleaning up the text (or even reading it).

15 hours ago, pherank said:

What does this mean? "The Ballet, as it rums out, had concluded its investigation prematurely." But that's not the only problem spot - watch out for the periods that should be commas, and other punctuation oddities.
I'm guessing someone used Optical Character Recognition software to digitize the original news article, but then no one took responsibility for cleaning up the text (or even reading it).

Even the New York Times has this problem in many older articles now archived on their website, I've found. It's usually pretty easy to figure out how the original text read. Small price to pay for the massive availability of past print sources.