This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Friday, October 16

dirac

An interview with Tiler Peck.

AP: The dance community has been especially hard hit. So many dancers live paycheck to paycheck.

PECK: Yes. I always say I’m so grateful to have such a big organization like New York City Ballet behind me so that it’s not self-employment work. And I never would have thought I would be in this position. But I feel like because our company is so big and we are at Lincoln Center, it’s going to be one of the hardest things to bring back because it isn’t a little company. So for me, I was like, there’s no way I can wait until the next time we get to perform in the company because ... I don’t know when that’s going to be. So I’m just going to use this time. I need to stay creative. I want to be inventive. I want to challenge myself.

A review of Pacific Northwest Ballet's digital season opener by Sondra Forsyth for Broadway World.

Rep 1, viewable from October 15th to October 19th 2020, features recorded applause, which we are advised was by "viewers like you". The effect was surprisingly effective. And the applause was well-deserved. First on the bill, which is a mix of classic and contemporary works that celebrate the company's versatility, is an excerpt from Jerome Robbins' "Dances at a Gathering" to the music of Chopin. The solo was ably performed by principal dancer Lucien Postlewaite. This piece is a great example of having the proverbial best seat in the house while viewing the video. The videographer and video editor were able to give us appropriate close-ups as well as views of the entire stage.