This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Alexandre Hammoudi retiring

Soloist Alexandre Hammoudi will say goodbye to the company and here is the video where he talks about his memories at ABT. It is sad that he will leave the company without a farewell, as the MET spring season was cancelled but best of luck to his future plans. 

Very disappointed to hear this, but I can't say I'm surprised. He's had issues with injuries and hasn't been cast in that many lead roles over the past few seasons. I recall he had to bow out of his one swan lake last (?)  year. (To my recollection.) Still sad that he won't get his well deserved farewell. Wish he could've had this last season, but I'm very fortunate to have seen a lot of his dancing over the past few years. One of the best Tybalts/The Jailers I've ever seen! 2016 was really my first in depth met season and I remember seeing Hammoudi as Siegfried in Swan Lake, Firebird, Romeo in R&J. A dance film career seems to suit him. I'll definitely be following his post dance career.