This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New York Theater Ballet streams their Tudor rep

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but it might bear repeating.  NYTB specializes in chamber-sized works, and often performs works from the heritage repertory -- take a look here.  Includes their performance of Tudor's Romeo and Juliet pas de deux...

Many thanks for the link! I am always very intrigued by Tudor's repertoire. It seems quite uneasy to approach if not done the right way, which I have the feeling has been the main reason for its absence from ballet companies. "Jardin aux Lilas" seems to be the more friendly one. Take for instance, "The Judgement of Paris". I first saw the clip. Was confused as to what was I looking at. I even though for a moment the three "goddesses" were men in drag. The occasional laugh from the audience sort of guides you to ...what...a comic piece...? Then I stop and browse the net into the ballet. It seems the essence of it should be looked more into the tragedy of human decency decay and broken morals. There's no happy ending here. The costumer falls pray into the assaulting, unscrupulous hands of everyone else around. 

Was the clip succesful at such...?

Not sure.

Edited by cubanmiamiboy