This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"Revelations" in times of trouble...

I had a long night at the hospital last night. Thankfully, uneventful. But this is not the case everywhere as we know very well. So much death and desolation.  It truly hurts. I just re watched "Revelations", which usually lift my spirits tremendously. But it was during the "I want to be ready" solo that I broke. I pray, oh Lord, that this is all over soon and that we and our loved ones are all spared . 

Edited by cubanmiamiboy
4 hours ago, Mashinka said:

Here in the UK we applaud  the medical profession on Thursdays, we come out of front doors, stand on balconies or lean from windows to clap, shout and cheer, next time I do this I'll be thinking of doctors and nurses worldwide.  We're all in this together.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2020/mar/26/clap-for-carers-applauding-the-nhs-during-coronavirus-in-pictures

It's become a ritual in several parts of the world--story below just mentions two cities, but I know there are more. A forlorn hope I fear--but but may the positive energies at least boost health workers' spirits and yours  @cubanmiamiboy ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/rousing-videos-show-atlanta-and-vancouver-residents-cheering-on-healthcare-workers-from-their-apartment-balconies-amid-the-coronavirus-crisis/ar-BB11HzWa?li=BBnb7Kz

Mashinka –

Here in the UK we applaud  the medical profession on Thursdays, we come out of front doors, stand on balconies or lean from windows to clap, shout and cheer, next time I do this I'll be thinking of doctors and nurses worldwide. 

I think in Spain too they applaud every evening. In Italy they used to sing in the evenings but that may have given way to applause – in Bergamo someone said she never wanted to hear singing again, there had been so many deaths. Difficult time to figure out how to respond beyond being super prudent and protecting others as well as yourself.

How celebrities are coping doesn't seem to be the key to life anymore which is perhaps a good thing. More about how Cristian and the front line healthcare workers are doing, as well as how the second ring of essential services, the staff at the pharmacy and the workers at the grocery store and the farmers at the greenmarket, are doing. They counsel us when we should be offering them whatever counsel and support we can.

We're all in this together.

Thank you all for the kind words. We nurses are scared. We might be more used to death around us, but this is different. It is new... something we used to hear happened long long time ago. Pandemics were quite a symbol of the past in my profession, and the last one we had, the HIV , contact, airborne and droplets precautions were quickly ruled out. Add to the equation that we're not being given the proper PPE, and the result is a perfect formula for anxiety and fear.

Let's keep praying that this is over and we can return to our normal routines. Blessings to all.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:08 PM, cubanmiamiboy said:

the last one we had, the HIV , contact, airborne and droplets precautions were quickly ruled out.

I remember the early days, though, when we had no idea how you contracted it, and what constituted being contagious -- it felt very similar to things right now, where we're still not sure when people are "shedding virus" and if you're truly immune after recovery. 

Please know how much admiration we all have for you, and for your colleagues everywhere, and how grateful we all are for the work you do.  Stay safe, and keep letting us know how you're doing.