Jump to content
This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Free Streaming during COVID-19 Crisis


Recommended Posts

Colorado Ballet is offering a free stream to educational organizations of its 2019 Nutcracker. They normally offer a free stream of all their productions on the day before opening from the dress rehearsal for school children, and I'm glad to see this. These are usually available to schools located anywhere, not just Colorado.

https://www.coloradoballet.org/education/live-stream

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today the Stuttgart Ballet is livestreaming the premiere of a program of five works by young choreographers. Starting in a few minutes.

Aedis
by Alessandro Giaquinto

Aliunde levi
by Aurora De Mori

Chrysalis
by Vittoria Girelli

Resonanz
by Agnes Su

Mehlberg
by Shaked Heller

Edited by volcanohunter
Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado Ballet's Nutcracker will be broadcast on Rocky Mountain PBS starting on Thanksgiving Day. They normally stream their performances for free to the schools, so I presume they have a good supply of recordings. What I can't figure out from the announcements is which cast we'll be seeing! But I'm very glad they found a way to get back onto the radar screen.

https://www.coloradoballet.org/performances/the-nutcracker

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 3:28 AM, volcanohunter said:

BalletMet performs Justin Peck's In Creases.

 

Just catching up here--I haven't been watching much of the ballet being streamed etc., just here and there occasionally. (Various reasons including general malaise at living shut-in...) . But I was curious about this ballet which I had never seen and enjoyed quite a bit. Thank you for posting!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, California said:

Colorado Ballet's Nutcracker will be broadcast on Rocky Mountain PBS starting on Thanksgiving Day. They normally stream their performances for free to the schools, so I presume they have a good supply of recordings. What I can't figure out from the announcements is which cast we'll be seeing! But I'm very glad they found a way to get back onto the radar screen.

https://www.coloradoballet.org/performances/the-nutcracker

Casting for the Colorado Ballet's Nutcracker is announced on the RMPBS site: https://www.rmpbs.org/schedule/nutcracker/

It appears this is the student matinee from 2019. The old costumes and sets, of course. They were hoping to debut new ones this year. (If you're interested in history, these came from SF Ballet when they got new ones -- so you can imagine how old they are.) 

Francisco Estevez is a principal now and I'm disappointed we're not seeing a performance with his gorgeous torchlift with Asuka Sasaki. (She's Dewdrop.) Fernanda Oliveira is now in the corps at Pennsylvania Ballet and a great loss to Colorado. Tracy Jones has retired, as has Chandra Kuykendall. Tyler Rhoads left to go to Cornell Law School.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuttgart Ballet will be streaming 3 works from their quadruple bill Angels and Demons

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/livestream-angels-and-demons/

 Stuttgart Ballet resumes its @Home programming with a livestream of the triple bill ANGELS AND DEMONS on Friday, November 27th at 7 pm (CET) on the company’s website and YouTube channel. The evening features the company premieres of Jiri Kylian’s Petite Mort and Roland Petit’s Le jeune homme et la mort. The stream will remain online until Sunday, November 30th at 10 pm (CET).

Link to post
Share on other sites

PNB's Annual Gala: First Look to the Future was this past Friday! Hosted by PNB dancers Lucien Postlewaite and Angelica Generosa, this celebratory and inspirational evening features six ballet excerpts including a PNB premiere, three exciting dancer promotion announcements, words of support from the community and PNB leadership, and an inspiring Raise the Paddle in support of PNB’s Future Fund.   The Gala is free to attend, but pre-registration is required.  Streaming available through November 25th, 7pm PST.

http://www.pnb.org/season/events/first-look/

https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=pacific%20northwest%20ballet

Note about format: before the financial crisis of 2008, PNB had a traditional gala of various works.  After that crushing blow, they had to change gala to opening night of Rep 1 (no separate show).  Just last year they changed the format to an intimate separate show, with guests seated on the stage.   This year's show seems to be a continuation of last year's theme, combined with Covid restrictions and spotlighting promoted dancers.

If you watch, any donation no matter how small would be appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sofiabn said:

La Sylphide

Royal Danish Ballet online

Sylfiden: Ida Praetorius
James: Jón Axel Fransson
Madge: Kizzy Matiakis
Effie: Stephanie Chen Gundorf
Gurn: Benjamin Buza

https://video.kglteater.dk/sylfiden-med-intro-af-nikolaj-hubbe

Thanks for the heads-up. A really gorgeous production of an old classic. Worth a look.

EDIT: I'm actually watching this a second time this morning. The stage seems small, certainly compared with the Met or State Theater. Or is that the sets? (I've never seen the RDB in their home theater, although it's on my wish list if we ever get past this pandemic!)

Edited by California
updated content
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, California said:

The stage seems small, certainly compared with the Met or State Theater.

The stage is small. The small stage of the Royal Theater in Bournonville's day had a decisive impact on the development of his choreographic style, with a emphasis on vertical jumping and zigzagging floor patterns, as opposed to diagonals and manèges. 

Some years ago I remember watching Bruhn's production from the balcony of the Met, and although ABT's dancers spread out as much as they could to fill out the stage, the rear third was never occupied, ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 4:54 AM, naomikage said:

Stuttgart Ballet will be streaming 3 works from their quadruple bill Angels and Demons

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/livestream-angels-and-demons/

 Stuttgart Ballet resumes its @Home programming with a livestream of the triple bill ANGELS AND DEMONS on Friday, November 27th at 7 pm (CET) on the company’s website and YouTube channel. The evening features the company premieres of Jiri Kylian’s Petite Mort and Roland Petit’s Le jeune homme et la mort. The stream will remain online until Sunday, November 30th at 10 pm (CET).

The Kylián and Petit program mentioned earlier by @naomikage is now on demand until Sunday.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...