This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

5 minutes ago, sofiabn said:

Wow -- thanks for this. I just hope it's not geo-blocked!

I love what SFB is doing for their ticket holders for MSND. Heck, I'd buy access if they had a way to do that for the rest of us. Of course, they needed to get a lot of people on board to make that happen. The US is so far behind on this video technology, compared with Europe and Russia...

Jewels is streamed March 21st -
Sat, 21 March 2020, 7.30 pm (CET)

https://www.staatsoper.de/en/news/online-schedule-until-19-april.html

I just re-read their advertisement and it is a bit confusing. Aside from the date give above, they also have this info:

"The stream starts on 21 March."

24 hours Video-on-demand:
22. March, 12.00 pm (noon) until 23 March 11.59 am

Edited by pherank

It looks like part of that page has been changed again.  At the top it says:

After the cancellation of all performances at the Bayerische Staatsoper from March 11 to April 19, we will try to provide individual performances as live stream or video-on-demand on www.staatsoper.tv. We will keep you informed about further online offers at this point.

What now looks out-of-date speaks of live-streaming only the Monday Concerts, themselves now canceled at least until April 20.  As for video-on-demand, it's hard to imagine how this announcement, half-way down the page under the heading, "Videos-on Demand coming soon:" will be honored in those circumstances, i.e. if there are currently no performances to record for on-demand viewing:

JEWELS
28 hours video-on-demand

Available Sat, 21 March 2020, 7.30 pm (CET) until 22 March 2020, 11.59 am (CET)

7:30 pm Central European Time is 1:30 pm Central Daylight Time, so this Chicagoan will look here again a little before then, to see what's on offer - something from their archive? - but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Jack Reed