This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sunday, February 9

dirac

Dancer Gray Davis talks about his new career in law enforcement.

As a dancer in the New York City-based American Ballet Theatre, the country's national company, the Governor’s School alumnus performed at the highest level of the craft and worked tirelessly to perfect his art. It's also where he met his wife, Cassandra Trenary, currently a soloist with the company, and forged friendships with his fellow dancers.

Q&A with Trey McIntyre.

For you as a trained pianist, do you understand this piece of music in a unique way?

The thing that’s benefited me more than anything is to be able to sit with the score in front of me. I don’t think it would have been possible just by ear to really understand it. And there were certain times when the playing is so intense, it would take me a while to read it because I couldn’t imagine there were that many notes in a measure. I’ll go to the symphony but seeing the players is not that interesting to me, but I’m addicted to watching YouTube videos of people playing this. It’s so emotional, they really act the piece with their body, because I think it’s the only way.